What’s on West End – A New Community Facebook Page
We’re delighted to tell you about a brand new community resource on Facebook. ‘What’s on West end ‘ or ‘WoW’ for short www.facebook.com/whatsonwestend – a genuine partnership approach to sharing quality trusted Information supported by Centre West, Healthworks Newcastle, Newcastle City Council and New Tyne West.
Whether you’re an avid Facebooker or don’t have a Facebook page, you’ll be able to share your events, activities and news far and wide, with the aim of reaching more people than we can do alone.
Why was it set up?
- Not everyone has an organisational or group Facebook page – so the idea came about of why not set something up as a starter for ten and let’s see how useful it might be.
- For those that have an existing Facebook page, sharing, posting and commenting on and by other pages, has a greater reach – so WoW is there to support you do this.
- Not everyone has the time to manage a page – so a few organisations have come together to initially do this for you.
Who’s it for?
- Any community, voluntary or charitable group or any non-for profit organisation in the west end of Newcastle, that want to publicise their own or others information, that we can all benefit from – as long as it’s not a commercial activity.
- Any individual that wants up to date information about what’s on in their local area and beyond.
What can I share?
The organisers put information in to categories. It’s by no means a final list and if you’ve any suggestions to improve it then let the individuals whose details are at the bottom of this post know.
Ø Family activities and fun
Ø Outdoor spaces
Ø Opportunities to attend
Ø Hobbies and interests
Ø Employment and training
Ø Community learning and courses
Ø Health and wellbeing
How can I use it?
- Send your information to key people (listed below) or via Facebook and it will be added on for you
- Please like the new page from your own Facebook account and share with your friends.
You may wish to become an official administrator/contributor of the page – please get in touch with key people list below to find out more
Even more exciting news – New Tyne West has agreed to fund a campaign to promote the page for an agreed period – so it’s a win situation for all!
WOW team contact details :
- Barbara Cage – HealthWORKS Newcastle firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bernie Mackell – Centre West email@example.com
- Jo Jefferson – New Tyne West Jo.Jefferson@ntwdc.co.uk
- Amy Stillwell – NCC Communities Officer firstname.lastname@example.org