GWAH Job Vacancy
PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR – GROWING GREEN COMMUNITIES IN THE WEST END
Greening Wingrove Community Interest Company is seeking to recruit a Co-ordinator to help deliver a new greening project from April 2021.
Growing Green Communities in the West End is supported by the Newcastle Fund, and aims to expand the impact of Greening Wingrove’s successful vertical vegetable growing scheme. It will focus mainly on parts of the Arthur’s Hill terraces, but may be able to range more widely.
The Co-ordinator will work closely with Greening Wingrove & Arthur’s Hill volunteers and also with Mark Ridsdill-Smith, the scheme consultant. An outline job description is set out as follows:
– To assist in organising programme materials, events and sessions.
– To maintain accurate records of participation and feedback.
– To help publicise and promote the project.
– To work with the project team in expanding participation from among residents generally, and especially those from Black and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
The Co-ordinator role would be suitable for a person with
- Some experience of volunteer activity at a community level.
- A friendly, helpful and engaging manner.
- Skills in basic administration and IT.
- Enthusiasm for community improvement through urban gardening.
- Willingness to work flexibly,
The work will take place mainly between April-October 2021 and could average 14 hours per week. However, flexibility in the time-scale and weekly hours may be required. The rate of pay will be £12 per hour.
Greening Wingrove can be flexible about employment terms, so the Co-ordinator could be engaged in a self-employed/freelance capacity, or directly employed by the Greening Wingrove CIC, and the post is open to job share.
Appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring check.
The Co-ordinator will be home-based and any necessary support will be provided. There will also be an opportunity to acquire introductory skills in Community Organising as a training programme is envisaged as a feature of the project (the programme will be delivered by a qualified Community Organiser).
Further background on vertical veg growing may be found on Facebook (see the Vertical Veg North East page), and here: https://greeningwingrove.org.uk/vertical-veg-is-mint/
If you would like to know more about the post, please contact Greening Wingrove via : firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications will be Sunday 28th March 2021.