Purpose of position (your impact): You will be the voice of the community, through your stories we can engage with more people in positive environmental action. Through your volunteering you will gain confidence, interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Attend community events at least once a month
- Carry out short interviews with resident who are attending events, collecting quotes for blogs
- Take photographs at events to support articles
- Write up articles to showcase the environmental activities in Wingrove
- An interest in the journalism, writing and the environment
- Friendly, warm and approachable manner
- Ability to confidently interact with others easily; build rapport
- Identifying exciting opportunities worthy of coverage and showing initiative
- Conveying your ideas clearly in written pieces and engage readers
- Reliable, organised and punctual
- Flexible and adaptable
How much time?
You can give as much or as little time as you want. We ask for at least one event to be covered a month including an article. Initially 6 months.
If you are interested contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone and we can arrange a chance to come down and meet the volunteering team.